Rough to Ready by Rob Cosman

Got my Lie-Nielson catalog yesterday, Something about using hand tools appeals to me but I need some help. The catalog has a video entitles "Rough to Ready" by Rob Cosman. Can any of you critique this video?

Another interesting book (as opposed to video) is "Planecraft" by Hampton and Clifford. Any comments on this book.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

I bought two of Rob's videos - the "Rough to Ready" and "Sharpening & Using Handplanes". I thought they were both useful and informative. The RTR one has Rob detailing his approach to taking a rough plank and getting it perfectly square and flat on all edges and faces. The basic idea isn't that mysterious, but being able to watch a master do it, as well as explain little tricks and techniques along the way, was very helpful. The plane sharpening/use video seemed a little more basic and I probably could have got by without it. Cosman's communication style is very clear and I am planning to buy his dovetails videos sometime in the future as well.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

I have all of Rob's videos and they are great. He does throw very little, very minor sales pitches in onces and a while for Lie-Nielsen, but they are very helpful videos.

Reply to
Mike