Rockwell Bandsaw

I have a friend that is offering me a Rockwell 14" older bandsaw. I am wondering if this is a good price for this unit. His price to me is $300, and from sounds it is his Father In Laws saw. He mentioned no accessories, or extras, and the photo he showed to me is only of the saw. Suppossedly it works great.

Any Input Appreciated,

Reply to
Brian

It's a great price for any Rockwell (Delta) machine that tracks a band. If the band doesn't track then it's a project machine.

It being a friend you'd think he wasn't steering you the wrong way, right?

Not a prob.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Keeter, why are you behaving lately? (Or did I miss a dig somewhere in the past week? I don't read all the threads, nor ALL (or many) of YOUR posts). I hesitate to assume you've turned over a new leaf. I expect you to return to form. :) (Lure tossed in, waiting for a bite...)

dave

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I have a rockwell bandsaw built in 1951 (I called Delta with the serial number to find out). When I got it I replaced the tires, and all the bearings, and I've not had a problem with it yet. I am considering replacing the tension spring, though.

Steve

Steve Kreitler

TROLL

Reply to
Rich

Reply to
nospambob

The miter guage that came with the BS has been hanging on a nail for 9 years, unused. Most blade have lead angle cutting and I've not found a use for a miter guage. Maybe to keep the economy going? Also, you may want a good fence like Mule or

Reply to
nospambob

Reply to
Layne

I've got what might be the same saw. It's about 30 years old, and works perfectly. From all appearances, it seems to be a Delta, as all Delta accessories fit it.

The one I have has an extra set of pullies to allow it to run at high or low speed, which is nice when going between the wood and the metal-cutting blades. Mine also has rollers built into the bottom, push on a foot pedal to lower them, roll saw to destination, raise the wheels & so on.

I'd price a Delta of the same specs & grade, and if the delta is more than $450, I'd buy the Rockwell for the $300 he wants. The current Delta saws have swing-out doors over the wheels where my Rockwell has nuts that come off to remove the doors, and some other minor differences, but nothing that makes it any less useful.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz