Rockler FX router lift

So I bought the lift and discovered that the plate is a tad smaller than my existing aluminum plate. No sweat ... I'll just make a new top for my tab le and this time be super accurate in the cutout for the plate. Couldn't f ind my pattern bit as it wasn't with my other bits and took me most of a da y to remember I last used it in my trimmer router.
I'm pleased with the results and have only two complaints about the lift: t here are no leveling screws for the plate and I'm a 32nd or two deep -- pro bably just enough for a piece to catch on the left side of the plate. And the bolts included to secure the plate to the top are lacking the correspon ding nuts. Easy fixes to both.
The lift works smoothly and will handle both my PC690 and my variable speed Dewalt, so no need for a speed reducer.
Larry
On 5/27/13 9:38 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

You could always drill and tap for set screws. I routinely use craft paper as shim material for things like that. I used it on my last router table and the outfeed table for my table saw. I also used it the flatten the plywood top of the last workbench I built. It's a very low tech but extremely effective way to shim things in the hundredths.
--

-MIKE-

On 5/27/2013 10:38 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

existing aluminum plate. No sweat ... I'll just make a new top for my table and this time be super accurate in the cutout for the plate. Couldn't find my pattern bit as it wasn't with my other bits and took me most of a day to remember I last used it in my trimmer router.

there are no leveling screws for the plate and I'm a 32nd or two deep -- probably just enough for a piece to catch on the left side of the plate. And the bolts included to secure the plate to the top are lacking the corresponding nuts. Easy fixes to both.

table top. I put 4 machine screws into the inserts that I put near the four corners on my table. To make it more interesting I used nylon screws that I took a knife to to destroy the thread a little. That way it makes it real tight and not able to vibrate out of it's setting.
So first impressions are one thing. Let us know how you feel about it after 10 - 20 uses.
--
Jeff

I keep copious quantities around for just this circumstance ... one of the handiest, goto's in the shop:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?cat=1,43456&pf917
Rockler also has them.
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)