Rocking chair conversion

I've been asked to turn a chair like this...

a chair in which the owner can rock her newborn to sleep.

Right now I'm leaning towards getting a swivel/rocker base from Lee Valley (link below), and attaching it to the bottom with some sort of apron.

I be worried about the joints of the chair failing due to this type of retrofit? Just wondering.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique