Rocking chair conversion

I've been asked to turn a chair like this...
http://tinyurl.com/csxuj
or
http://ww1.potterybarn.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=shpcfurcaochr%7Crshop&pkey urcaochr&gids=p088
...into a chair in which the owner can rock her newborn to sleep.
Right now I'm leaning towards getting a swivel/rocker base from Lee Valley (link below), and attaching it to the bottom with some sort of apron.
http://tinyurl.com/df2tu
or
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&cat=3,44013&p@584
Should I be worried about the joints of the chair failing due to this type of retrofit? Just wondering.
JP