Robin Hartl

Flipping through channels the other night and saw Robin harking the Giant Ladder system. Something that she's been doing for awhile.

While, I think she's still "got it going", she like all of us, is aging. I am not saying that's bad, god knows I am no longer have the body that I had even 10 years ago, just that it was a surprise to see her.

MJ

Reply to
MJ

Indeed a fine example of female pulchritude.

Reply to
Swingman

And I got bad news in the form of a Christmas card.... My insurance agent is getting married and moving back home to Spearman TX....

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news:tKqdne5Xg5wR5n snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Mapquest says that's not real close to Houston ... My insurance agent isn't even in my state, and luckily all business we have done over the years has been by mail, phone, fax and email ... And, yes, the person at the agency is still the same as 40 years ago ...

Reply to
Han

Are you going to miss him? :-P

Reply to
willshak

That's a nice $2 word. Good exercise for my 25 cent brain. And that is half off.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

DAGS here for "Robin's ass" about a decade ago. Fine, fun stuff.

-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have the same body I had 10 years ago. Now it is wrapped in a soft protective coating though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Buy one of my tees:

My other body is a TRIATHLETE!

-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I am with Texas Farm Bureau and that seems to be protective, I am still with the same office location but my agent has transferred to another Texas Farm Bureau "franchise". I suspect that it works a lot like Amway.

Reply to
Leon

Her, about 25 years old and absolutely the best agent I have ever had.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah, I figured it was a female. It was a joke. :-)

Reply to
willshak

About a year ago it's all you heard him talk about ... He was even scheming to get his son matched up with her. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

She is probably a real good, recognizable face and voice for a do-it- yourself audience.

Lord knows Giant Ladders need the help. Their product is overpriced and under-featured for the multi-purpose ladder market.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Not sure I agree about the Little Giant ladders, their pricing has really come down in recent years and I see them every where, out side the stores. I recently add this one to my collection.

Leon

years ago. The one you linked appears to be a lot different from the Giants we were looking at then.

After looking at Little Giant vs Werner vs Genie, Werner beat Genie out with a small price margin. Feature for feature the two were pretty close to the same.

Giant, however had a very poor top connection method for using the components for a low two-ladder, scaffold base. It was dangerous looking.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Yeah thinking back, I will agree with the outer shell side of the scaffold set up. The link on mine is to simply engage the lock pins together is some sort of fashion. I bought a smaller clone by Gorilla that had a very nice mating set that I used on both.

The one I linked does not open up into an extension ladder, it remains in a step ladder orientation but does extend in that setting. I use it mainly indoors specifically for our return air vent that is on an 11' tall ceiling.

When I bought my first Little Giant, April 2000, they were the only ones making that style ladder with a decent pivot lock.

Reply to
Leon