ripping harwood/ blade wander

I find when ripping 1"kiln dried birch my blade does a bit of wandering. I tried a 36 tooth flat tooth for ripping and a 40 tooth atb for comparison and they both do it. Both blade a sharp. Is this normal, would blade stabilizers help prevent this? Does not do it with pine.

Are you using feather boards in front of the blade? Is the fence parallel to the blade?

Are you sure that it is the blades? If both blades wobble would check to make sure that it isn't the saw. Have you given the saw a tune-up?

Even cheap, thin blades should not wander. Wobble maybe but wander? Review your ripping technique. DAGS - Check your blade - fence alignment. Get a good quality ripping blade.
Dave
mark wrote:

I have to compensate for the flexibility of the fence on my proxxon table saw, usually by clamping a piece of stock to the table behind it.
And, like Leon says, use a featherboard or similar to keep the board up against the fence.
er
--
email not valid

The blade does not wander at all in soft wood or even thinner birch but the thick 1" birch which actually bogs the motor down tend to make the blade wander. I will try the feather board idea.

Might be that the saw power is too weak for the blade. Is it a thin kerf blade? Thin is much easier on low power saws. Jim

If the motor bogs, feed slower. If the wood burns at that slow feed rate, get a blade with less teeth.