thanks,
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
wreck20051219 at spambob.net
Well, there are two eyes to consider, two handednesses (chilarities?), two sides from which to clamp the work, and two sides of the layout line to saw from. So we have 16 possibilities in play... This is too complicated - get an electric miter saw ;-).
I'm rh/le as well. I never gave it much thought, but my hand sawing "gets out of alignment" too. Maybe now I know why.
I'll go make some cuts and evaluate.
-Zz
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:46:42 GMT, Australopithecus scobis

I'm also rh/le dom. I learned it in sniper school. I taught myself to use my right eye when shooting and also anything else. Partially close the left eye and work that way for a while. It sounds weird but eventually your right eye will "start to take charge. Also, practice (often) by closing each eye and concentrating on the image shift when you do so. It takes some concentration but after some practice you become both eye ambidextrous. (sounds weird but it does work.) Hope this helps. Oh BTW it doesn't help with spelling or dyslexia. Two more difficulties I face.

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 23:36:55 +0000, Rich opined:

Thanks, I'll have her try the squint first. Probably too much to expect a 9-year old to practice the image shift! :)
[ You reminded me of an old AR7 .22 survival rifle that stored in its own stock. The stock was lumpy so the silly thing had to be fired left-handed/left-eyed. ]
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
wreck20051219 at spambob.net
The Australopithecus scobis entity posted thusly:

Really? I always fired mine right-handed, right-eyed.
Neat rifle.
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:33:16 -0600, Oleg Lego opined:

I couldn't get my face over the bump for the barrel. It was a long time ago: my face was smaller then... It was indeed a neat rifle.
Back OT, I've been thinking about the earlier suggestion to work with the change in perspective when blinking the dominant eye. Seems that one could squint each eye whilst doing a cut, switching between a top view of the cut line and an oblique view of the saw teeth and the mark. {run to the shop...} Cool, it works! Use the off-eye to line up the reflection of the wood in the dozuki blade. That keeps the blade perpendicular. Use the dominant eye to keep everything aligned. Think hard about it, and get both views at once.