Ridgid TS24000 Motor

I recently fried my TS24000 motor by ripping too many long lengths of heavy yellow pine stock. I found that the replacement motor costs $253.00. Does anyone know of another brand motor that would mount in this saw and be somewhat cheaper?
Mike Romanovich asks:

Grizzly carries Emerson 1-1/2HP TEFC motors for $150 plus shipping.
Charlie Self
"The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf." Will Rogers
Did you try getting it repaired/replaced under their Lifetime warrantee?
Had a problem with a Rigid planner a while back. The "lifetime warrenty" only applies to "manufacturing defects in the product", NOT normal wear and tear.... Thankfully, Rigid determined that the failure of my planner was a manufacturing defect..
LtNtHacker wrote:

--

Bob Kuphal -- Wisconsin

Remove DontSpam to email

I looked at a discounted jointer at Home Depot the other day, marked at about $400. I asked if they would drop the price more? Nope! Told them I would rather buy a open stand JET. Their reply, "But Ridgid has a lifetime warranty!" I told them to stick their warranty. Greg
In their [Rigid's] defense, I do like the planner, no setup, was good out of the box, blades easy to change, no snipe as long as you use the depth locking device. Its just that the salespeople do mis-represent the warrenty aspect a bit.
Like they say RTFP (Read The Fine Print)..... :-)
Greg O wrote:

--

Bob Kuphal -- Wisconsin

Remove DontSpam to email
Is the TS2400 the portable saw with the direct drive universal motor? If so, you'll have a hard time finding an aftermarket motor to replace it.

Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

get the frame number off the one you have, and go to a supply house and get a new one.
Traves