ridgid planer fixed

my 13-inch thickness planer was "skipping" as it fed thru a 12-inch maple plank; each stop-point had a crosswise divot, too deep to sand away.
Took apart the left end (where the roller-drive chains are) and found that the outfeed roller's bearing block was toasted -- had worn into oblong shape and caused the roller to jump every few revolutions. Ordered a replacement and re-assembled with the block rotated 180. The darn thing ran right and I finished the job.
Don't be afraid to mechanic yer toys.
JRHannum
On Saturday, July 11, 2015 at 7:44:04 PM UTC-5, JRHannum wrote:

There is supposed to be a way to send and anonymous e-mail on Google+ but I cannot make the link work (actually do not see it in the drop down)
replying to Dr. Deb , JRHannum wrote:

it work.

oh, yes; never throw anything away--put them a mailing tube and send to me -- use snipped-for-privacy@aol.com to get my address and work out a payment. Thanks.