Ridgid or Dewalt?

I've narrowed my choice down to the new 10" plain-jane Ridgid (with laser line) or the 10" Dewalt, both about the same $$. Which would you choose?
Ridgid. We have used their tools for 5 years with no problems!!
--
Vicky

Except that the Ridgid line for the last 5 years is no longer the same as the Ridgid tools of now.
danh

Which is not necessarily a drawback.. Take a look at the new Ridgid TS3650 table saw versus the replaced model TS2424........ New one is a much better saw, at the same price as the older one. They had them side-by-side in my local borg, with the older one marked down from 599 to 341.
Lee K wrote:

If you read the following:
http://www.ridgid.com/newsite/news/TS3650.pdf
you'll find the TS3650 was made by Emerson Tools. Emerson no longer makes the Ridgid line.

Here's the press release dated 20 October 2003 announcing the new table saw, designed and made by OWT Industries: http://news.corporate.findlaw.com/prnewswire/20031020/20oct2003085952.html Emerson is mentioned as having done customer research, probably prior to when they bailed on the line. Fact remains the TS3650 is a fine saw.
Here's the pertinent paragraph: "The new RIDGID line is the result of intensive customer research conducted by Emerson Professional Tools and OWT Industries, Inc. (OWT). A wholly owned subsidiary of Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd. (HKEx stock code 669; ADR symbol TTNDY), OWT also developed and manufactures the tools."
OWT is a sister company to Ryobi.
GTO(John)

Lee,
You are potentially correct. I was not however making a statement concerning the quality of the new Ridgid brand. All I am saying is that we don't know. The previous poster was stating they never had any problems with their Ridgid tools, but their tools are not the ones being sold now. The new stuff is just that, new. Many are new designs. Some look to be just like Ryobi (bleh). Lifetime warranty is now just 3 year.
Kinda the same as the Hybrid cars IMO. They look cool. I will wait until people have been driving them awhile so I can see how they hold up over time before I buy one though.
danh