Ridgid 13" Planer smoke show

Page 2 of 2

"D. Mo" wrote: ...

My commiserations... :)

W/ the one HD I have dealt w/ for any extent (it's 60 mi to nearest so it's not an trip I want to make every day) they were able to find credit card sales records for some time back...how far back that extends I don't know???
D. Mo says...

The scam aspect is very real and everybody is being hurt by it. I just started a new checking account and found out after the fact that checks I deposit are being held for several days because the bank is afraid of counterfeit checks and they do this for all new checking accounts for 30 days. I have about as good a reputation as is humanly possible and I have a 750 credit score, but even I wasn't exempt. I answered an ad for a bicycle last year and was suckered into giving private information to a phoney escrow service. I'm amazed I didn't have identity theft problems afterwards, but I did as much damage control as I could as soon as I found out. The world is a scummy place and getting scummier all the time. I do think that HD should help customers with contact information for manufacturers if a customer comes looking for help, but they shouldn't be obligated to be the customer's agent in dealing with the manufacturer. Some people just need to grow up and do for themselves instead of expecting everything to be done for them.

They don't have to. The manufacturer should, but then only for a reasonable amount of time [that's time, not use.]
I bought an item and returned it **undamaged** after a year. They asked why I was returning it,. I said I wasn't happy with the way it worked. No problem. Instant refund.
S...T happens. I bought an HP digital camera. The stupid rubber grommet "protecting" the electronics connector kept falling out. I went to the store [Staples]. No luck. They did not tell me at the time of purchase that they could care less after the sale. So I contacted HP. Hahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!!! After two months of emails, phone calls, and photos, like yourself, and even a reply from their now defunct president, they sent me another rubber grommet ...that keeps falling out.
Dump your original [I gave mine to my kids] and buy a new, better one, and think of it as one of life's experiences. Don't chase after them or you'll be the only one losing sleep.

And now you know that, after the sale, HP couldn't care less either. Ever notice how much "Hewlett Packard" sounds like "useless bastard"? I've had one too many experiences with their utter lack of support to ever buy one of their products again.