Request: daybed

I'm having a difficult time coming up with a design for a full-size daybed that I will be building soon. Does anyone have any ideas, plans, or photos to share? Thank you in advance.
-- Kerri
Kerri wrote:>I'm having a difficult time coming up with a design for a full-size daybed

Do a google image search for "daybed", and get some sleep. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....
I'm not a complete idiot. I thought since this was a popular woodworking group that maybe someone would have made a daybed in their day and would be willing to share their thoughts.

photos
I'm not sure that I know what a day bed is. If your interested, I have thoughts on pencil post beds.:-) Taunton has at least two books concerning beds.

Forgive me, I'm just a simple man.The "get some sleep" quip was just that. A joke. Of course you're not a complete idiot. But I sometimes find that too much information can be as bad or worse than not enough. You need to _know_ what _you_ want. And that may entail.... too much information. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....
kerbear writes:

Still, try google. Hit it with daybed+plans. The first one gets you a plan, if you want one. The rest of the first page is mostly irrelevant, and I didn't check further, but you might well find some help in there if no one pipes up here. I must admit, when the youngest wanted a daybed for her room many years ago, I cheated and went out and bought one.
Charlie Self "Wars spring from unseen and generally insignificant causes, the first outbreak being often but an explosion of anger." Thucydides
I thought about that. I've seen some in stores that I REALLY like. But, I have extra oak boards laying around, so I figured it would be "cheaper" for me to make one. I'm starting to wonder tho!

be
plan, if

didn't
up
years
outbreak
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Yeah, I figure a full-size solid oak daybed would probably run in the thousands. Or, I could just find a plan I like and use the wood I have. The problem is finding a plan I like! hahaha

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome