Request: daybed

I'm having a difficult time coming up with a design for a full-size daybed that I will be building soon. Does anyone have any ideas, plans, or photos to share? Thank you in advance.

-- Kerri

Reply to
kerbear

Kerri wrote:>I'm having a difficult time coming up with a design for a full-size daybed

Do a google image search for "daybed", and get some sleep. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

I'm not a complete idiot. I thought since this was a popular woodworking group that maybe someone would have made a daybed in their day and would be willing to share their thoughts.

Reply to
kerbear

I'm not sure that I know what a day bed is. If your interested, I have thoughts on pencil post beds.:-) Taunton has at least two books concerning beds.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Forgive me, I'm just a simple man.The "get some sleep" quip was just that. A joke. Of course you're not a complete idiot. But I sometimes find that too much information can be as bad or worse than not enough. You need to _know_ what _you_ want. And that may entail.... too much information. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Still, try google. Hit it with daybed+plans. The first one gets you a plan, if you want one. The rest of the first page is mostly irrelevant, and I didn't check further, but you might well find some help in there if no one pipes up here. I must admit, when the youngest wanted a daybed for her room many years ago, I cheated and went out and bought one.

Charlie Self "Wars spring from unseen and generally insignificant causes, the first outbreak being often but an explosion of anger." Thucydides

Reply to
Charlie Self

Reply to
kerbear

Sure, we build things ourselves to save money. Just recently I bought a new TV. The store wanted $100 for a stand that matches it. I built my own for $150 in material and about 20 hours labor.

Seriously, money is not the motivator, quality is. I'm going to build a chase lounge that is going to be superior to one that I saw for $1100. Two years ago I built and outdoor bench. I could have bough a cheapo for $100, but instead, I spent $325 for material. I saw the same bench in a store for $1000.

If you need a place to sleep, buy one. If you want a family heirloom, build it. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Yeah, I figure a full-size solid oak daybed would probably run in the thousands. Or, I could just find a plan I like and use the wood I have. The problem is finding a plan I like! hahaha

Reply to
kerbear

Make your own. ; Take a look on my web page and you will see one. I don't have any plans, just sort of winged it. The only dimension that is critical is the mattress size and you can even cut foam to what you want. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski