Removing nails from a nail gun

I have been asked to do a repair on a piece of furniture. A piece of

1" pine measuring 6" x 18" has fallen off. the piece was assembled using a nail gun with 6 nails at each end. These things protrude about 1" on the back side of the piece. Unlike nails which I could hammer out these are to small and just bend. Does anyone have a good idea on how to remove these easily? Thanks for any and all help.
Reply to
trvlnmny

Pull them all the way through. It's the same procedure if you shoot one into your hand.

Tim w

Reply to
Tim W

Pull them through the back using pliers. You'll end up with less damage to the surface this way and because you are pulling rather than pushing the propensity of the nails to bend is a non issue.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Easiest depending upon the size of the head, is to pull them through with a pair of pilers, pine will pull straight through fairly easy.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Pull them through, or else clip them off.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Side Cutters.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Thank you for your assistance. I am glad to see that everyone is of the same opinion. If only our politics were the same.

Reply to
trvlnmny

Well to be honest, when I first saw the subject I was going to suggest what some "city guys" do to unload their rifles at the end of an unsuccessful day of hunting... shoot 'em all up into a tree!

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

So we'd all be in step as we marched off the cliff together? :-)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

I thought we did, Morris... We have at least 2 cliffs to choose from..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis