Removable toekick hardware?

Hi all, I just completed building kitchen cabinets for a friend and all that is left to do is install the toekicks after the floor goes in. Is there hardware available that allows the toekick to be removed for maintenace/cleaning? I thought about using rare earth magnets but they may not be strong enough. Any ideas? Thanks, Gene
--

This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-virus software

I think you are on to an idea. I've used the rare earth magnets to hold a door on my table saw. Why not make up a test panel and try them. Another idea would be to use some of the really small headed trim screws. You wouldn't need many of them, and on a toe kick, they wouldn't be very noticeable. They could even be installed near the top.

http://www.cabinetmaking.com/hardware.html then scroll down to "cabinet legs"
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/showdetl . cfm?offerings_idR17&objectgroup_id&catid(

that
may
The magnets sound like a good idea if you are making the toe kicks out of wood and one of these magnets about every 2' or so should be plenty strong and long as the toe kick is setting on the floor and the magnets only function is to keep the kicks in place and....
Gene, I saw in an article or ?? where they put real skinny (2-1/2 ~ 3") drawers where the toe kicks go. Great place for cookie sheets etc. Just a thought.
Erik

that
may
Damn ... don't tell SWMBO!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

I built drawers and used plastic wheels designed for under-bed storgae. Rockler has them. The drawers were incredibly handy and the custom kitchen was the main buying point for the first family that saw my home.
--
dbchamber at hotmail spam dot com

Remove the spam to reach me
David Chamberlain wrote:

Interesting idea. Don't they get lots of dust & pet hair in them?
-- Mark

You could leave them loose. Mine have been like that for 30 years.
I don't know what they would be called. But, I have some big stereo speakers with removable cloth covers, they have a type of male and female plastic plugs in each coner for "popping" off the covers. This might be an option.