remodeling

Hello,
A year and a half ago we bought a little bungalow... One of the things my wife didn't like was the kitchen but before I could do any thing in the kitchen we decided to do the bathroom (had to make a hole in the kitchen wall to install a new one piece bathtub).
Over the winter I finished the bathroom (build my first cabinets) and started building the cabinets for the Kitchen. In the last couple of weeks we started pulling out the old kitchen and started installing the new ones.. thing are really getting together. Here are 2 link of the process :c)
http://www.charetx2.com/maison/salebain/index.html (bathroom)
http://www.charetx2.com/maison/kitchen/index.html (kitchen)
let me put more info on the construction of the cabinets...
They are made from 5/8 melamine, the doors are made from 3/4 MDF and the counter top is made from 3/4 particle board covered in formica with a corian front :c)
Christian
One question ???
Why did you not finish the walls (paint, etc.) before installing the cabinets ?