Red Pine

Greetings: I have a couple of red pine door frames that the color of the putty in the nail/hole doesn't match any more. The putty is the original pine color. Is there any way that I can mix/match different colors to reach the same color as the frames. It looks like the frames were varnished/urethane. If yes which colors should I start with and how to mix them

Thanks

Reply to
Me

You could try tinting the old putty using a kid's watercolour paint set, mixing different colours to match, even simulating grain if the areas are large. A quick lick of oil-based varnish over the top when you are happy will fix it, without disurbing the water-based paint. Bear in mind that the varnish will darken the effect slightly, so practice on a piece of scrap first.

HTH

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey