Re: Wood Shop Redux (the old shop *is* the new shop) Part 4- Making Sawdust ... once more

On 5/21/2011 4:35 PM, Swingman wrote:

One can't be too rich, too thin, or have too much shop space ... no worries, I'm none of the above:
https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/EWoodShopRetrofit2011 #
Moved in, barely room for me, but back to making sawdust ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

--------------------- I have certainly worked in small shops before. Yours is a well equipped and organized small shop. I assume that there is a lot of moving things around and jockeying for position during an actual project. I also assume that the garage doors needs to opened for some things. And some projects can find their way outside when the weather permits.
What I am really wondering is just how clean is your shop when working on a project? Do you clean as you go, or wait until you can't find anything and can barely move around?
Any way, it looks really good and well organized. I have a couple shops myself out of recycled materials. That allows you to do things on a budget. Kudos for the shop. And kudos for a masterful job of recycling!
On 7/3/2011 1:41 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Thanks, Lee ... for the most part the current infrastructure is indeed recycled, from the drawers themselves, down to the door and drawer hardware, slides and pulls, and tubafours used in construction.
During a project, the shop floor is always a mess with sawdust, shavings and dust, but I generally put used tools back "where they belong" and rarely leave anything laying about when closing up at night ... the plus is that way I know where to look when I need then again.
And since I'm the only one using the place, there is no one else to blame for any mess AND, it's a damned sight safer to work if you keep cramped quarters orderly.
Amazing how the upbringing that you rebelled against comes back to haunt you, eh? That old saw about "a place for everything, and everything in it's place", was preached, and constantly hammered into my head as a kid.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010