Re: Why you should bevel the ends of tenons (long)

It provides a place for excess glue to go rather than all of it squirting out the mortice onto your finish surfaces.
I always chamfer quickly using my #93 rabbet plane, which I already have out to fit the tenon.
Thanks, Charlie, for another reinforcement for chamfering my tenons :)
-Mike -Mike