Re: Why you should bevel the ends of tenons (long)

> Did the glue up of the drawer unit for the work bench today.

> > Rather than a slip in separate box to fit between the upper > ---major snippage---- > > > The moral of this story is CHAMFER THE ENDS OF > > ALL YOUR TENONS. Helps with alignment and minimizea > > the likelyhood of splitting off an edge - at the worst > > possible time. > > > of course, you're right and I appreciate you sharing your experience(s). > And I thought the camfer was just for esthetics.

It provides a place for excess glue to go rather than all of it squirting out the mortice onto your finish surfaces.

I always chamfer quickly using my #93 rabbet plane, which I already have out to fit the tenon.

Thanks, Charlie, for another reinforcement for chamfering my tenons :)

-Mike

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Reed