Re: When Is A Half Inch Dowel Not A Half Inch Dowel?

Good to see there are people out there that is following my motto: Make do, get by or do without.
I've done the same thing to make dowels but instead of a steel plate I used a half or three quarter piece of oak with the appropriate size hole drilled in it. The hole gets larger after a few inches of dowel pounding but it is easy enough to dill another one.