Re: What was this tool?

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Sounds like a Fein Multimaster, although similar designs are available from other companies.
https://www.multimastertv.com/default.jsp
http://www.dremel.com/en-us/stories/Pages/Multi-Max.aspx
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?itemnumberg256

I know of 4 different ones already. The Fein is virtually impossible to beat. Bosch seems to come close, the rest ... who knows. We don't need a DeWalt.
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote:

If you need a tool like that, Fein has no equal, much less any real competition.
Lew
On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 09:18:06 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

Not sure if it's the one you are talking about, but I bought a Clarke Crocodile Saw like the one below.
http://gearpatrol.com/blog/2008/07/07/clarke-crocodile-circular-saw-kit /
Haven't used it yet after having it on hand for over a year and some might call it a waste of money, but it has some certain features and capabilities that I haven't seen elsewhere. So, I've got it for those few unique tasks that just can't be completed as well by other tools. (That I know of anyway)
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 07:22:54 -0500, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com scrawled the following:

"What can this $200 set do that a $60 ($40 on sale now) HF multi-function power tool can't?" I wondered aloud.
The toomanytwinkiestroll was likely referring to a toe-kick saw. That's an inline version of your Croc. http://fwd4.me/3Ut
-- The Smart Person learns from his mistakes. The Wise Person learns from the mistakes of others. And then there are all the rest of us... -----------------------------------------------------
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 08:23:20 -0800, Larry Jaques

Can't really answer that since I haven't used it yet, but I was buying some other stuff from the same online tool store at the time and the description was something along the lines of a "do everything" tool. That was enough to snag me.
Think it went something like: It's meant to be operated one-handed and will cut through metals, plywood, ceramic tile, conduit and tubing.
On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:43:46 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

The Fein like the Multimax is an oscillating tool. Or perhaps you're thinking he mistook the device for a saw?
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Maybe you are talking about a jamb saw. They have rotating blades though, not reciprocating. http://www.tools4flooring.com/jamb-saws.html
--

dadiOH