Re: What is it? #131

767 ... maybee the golf tee was steambathed. at some high temperature wood can be bent. http://www.kleinurl.de/?6tafllp3
greetings from germany Chris
I'll guess that there is a space that has been drilled out in the hole in which the tee sits - as though the hole was first drilled at a 45 degree angle, and rotated until it was verticle (in-line with the original hole). The space is hidden by the tee when the tee is in position.

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:41:47 -0700, "Carl G."

It's intriguing, isn't it? It's clearly designed to clamp two round, or roundish, things. If it held them at an angle I'd say it was some sort of picture frame maker or something. But it holds these things parallel - and fairly precisely.
--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)

KD tools.. the expensive ones that GM sends you every year. ;~) Points dwell adjustment tool for the GM caps with the window. The 4 and 6 bangers had to have the cap off with a screwdriver in the a notch in the distributor base for points adjustments. The pictured tool also worked with different attachments to adjust the carbs also.

Leon, I should send pictures to this guy of some of the (GM/VW/HONDA and others) special tools I have been forced to buy over the last 30 years ;-0
Dave
Actually, the expensive tools GM sent out were Kent Moore. KD were available at the parts stores for reasonable money and worked quite well.
--
Peter DiVergilio
Most of the money I've wasted was mostly spent trying to impress people who

Thanks! Those sites are good references; I think that the one in my photos is probably a fusible link but I'm still going to do a little more research on it.
Rob

    Perhaps just to reduce the weight. Since if it is being applied to already live wires, it will need to be positioned by a long insulated pole with a hook through the eye on the clamp screw.
    The notch is rounded enough to be not much of a problem -- and I don't see it being in service for long enough to worry about that as it is apparently applied.
    Enjoy,         DoN.

Dave