Re: Toning a newel

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 19:26:38 -0400, "C & S"

I strongly suggest stripping it absolutely bare before trying anything on it, Steve. I see old finish on the lower areas.
--
Strong like ox, smart like tractor.

The photography is really misleasing. There is a huge abount of contrast in that photo. There is no surface film left there.
Tests with water to see how it would look with finish evened it out considerably. I'm beting that the proposed toner will make it go away altogether.
-Steve
calmly ranted: