Re: Toning a newel

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 19:26:38 -0400, "C & S" calmly ranted:

Thoughts on how to make to color of a cherry newel match the fumed white oak >spindles would be appreciated.

I strongly suggest stripping it absolutely bare before trying anything on it, Steve. I see old finish on the lower areas.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sorry 'bout that post. That was supposed to go over to ABPW

I've reposted there.

-Steve

Reply to
C & S

The photography is really misleasing. There is a huge abount of contrast in that photo. There is no surface film left there.

Tests with water to see how it would look with finish evened it out considerably. I'm beting that the proposed toner will make it go away altogether.

-Steve

Reply to
C & S