Re: Shelf pin jig question

I agree on the quality of the hole with a vix bit. It works but is not always clean.
The router makes a nice clean hole but it is a little slower. I have an old Dewalt DW615 that has plunged thousands of holes and it works great.
--
David Chamberlain

snipped-for-privacy@nospamhotmail.com
I bought one of the indexing templates from Rockler about 8 years ago. It came with a Vix Style Bit but was not a Vix bit. This bit has a squared collar the positively centers the brad point style bit in the hole. The bit assembly is designed to only work in the holes of this jig. Personally I would not want to use a router for hundreds of holes. A drill can get pretty heavy after a few hundred holes.