Re: Ryobi 36" belt/6" disc sander

A toy. Save your money and buy at least a 12" disc.

I have only had it a couple of weeks but I am just tickled to death with it. It was only about $10 more than the Delta machine but is much beefier. The dust collection is quite good, tracking control is simple, and the machine is heavy enough to be quite stable.
I built two Adirondack chairs over the weekend. Having this tool in my shop saved me a lot of time and helped me produce a nicer looking product. I was all ready to buy a Grizzly but I am really happy, so far, with the Ryobi.
Dick Durbin Tallahassee

It's one of those toothed jobbies.

It's attached with two recessed hex head bolts. A hex wrench comes with the sander and clips onto the back of the unit so you don't have to go looking for it.

Loosen two hex bolts, raise the belt, then retighten them. Ten seconds. The table is not usabe with the belt.

I have that sander but I`m a weekend warrior also.I`m happy with it. Built half a house with my ryobi miter saw,still chugging along after 3 years. 12 volt cordless drill I love. Only thing I`m not happy with is my $99.00 ryobi band saw because its 3" mouth. I`m sure the thing will serve me well a long time though. Overall imo ryobi has a big bang for the buck.