Re: Russian or Baltic Birch Plywood?

Page 2 of 2

can
Solid wood (well seasoned) or high quality plywood.

MDF is pretty good, it's resonance properties are predictable, and it's easy to work with, but many designers feel it sounds dull compared other choices. A lot depends on the driver choices, but I'd never build a bottom octave subwoofer out of MDF, for instance. Same with open baffle systems.

Resonance ? What are we making here, loudspeakers or violins ?

easy
choices.
I can honestly say I've never seen any MDF violins.