Re: Question about attaching face frames

Gerry,
I always use biscuits and glue. I have never had a problem.
With Thanksgiving here tomorrow, you may want to try biscuits and gravy ;^)
Al Reid

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know
Use yellow glue and clamp the face frames securely to the cabinet, then finish it off with brads.
Brian.

I use a Lee Valley Tools nailing kit. The kitchen cabinets with face frames I mad for my mother have held up well with this type of construction. It's easy and fast.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page2683&category=1,41182&ccurrency=1&SID

"G.E.R.R.Y." wrote ...

I just use glue and clamps. If your glue bead is well spread there should be plenty enough strength in the bond.
--
Cheers,
Howard

I rabbet the back of the frame 1/8" deep x thickness of case . Then yellow glue and plenty of clamps.The rabbet helps line everything up , not neccesary for strength.
mike
mike wrote:

That's pretty much what I was thinking of doing. Rabbit the back, glue and use screws to supplement the clamps.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
You can always add some extra holding power by using glue blocks inside the cabinet.