Re: Question about attaching face frames

Gerry,

I always use biscuits and glue. I have never had a problem.

With Thanksgiving here tomorrow, you may want to try biscuits and gravy ;^)

Reply to
Al Reid

Use yellow glue and clamp the face frames securely to the cabinet, then finish it off with brads.

Brian.

"G.E.R.R.Y." I am about to attach separate upper and lower face frames to a large

Reply to
Brian

I use a Lee Valley Tools nailing kit. The kitchen cabinets with face frames I mad for my mother have held up well with this type of construction. It's easy and fast.

"G.E.R.R.Y." My problem now is how do I attach the frames to the "cabinet" so that

Reply to
Upscale

I just use glue and clamps. If your glue bead is well spread there should be plenty enough strength in the bond.

Reply to
Howard Ruttan

If you want to do overkill as I have done on several large projects such as my home theater system, glue, clamps and counter sunk trim screws with custom cut face grain plugs. ( trim screws are those almost headless square drive minimally tapered "dry wall" type steel screws. Alternative is glue and shot finish nails with filler.

Good Luck,

Dennis Slabaugh, Hobbyist Woodworker

(update with free holiday deer plan)

"G.E.R.R.Y." I am about to attach separate upper and lower face frames to a large

Reply to
Dennis Slabaugh, Hobbyist Wood

"G.E.R.R.Y." ...

I rabbet the back of the frame 1/8" deep x thickness of case . Then yellow glue and plenty of clamps.The rabbet helps line everything up , not neccesary for strength.

mike

Reply to
mike

You can always add some extra holding power by using glue blocks inside the cabinet.

Reply to
Frank J. Vitale

That's pretty much what I was thinking of doing. Rabbit the back, glue and use screws to supplement the clamps.

Reply to
Mark