Re: Plans for building a picture window

my office has a number of these. used to look into the computer room.
basically, the carpenter framed out the hole with oak, put an oak stop on all 4 sides, put the glass in, and then framed the other side with more oak stops. add moulding that you want.
regards, charlie cave creek, az
Sounds like the previous person covered most of it. Make sure you allow for expansion, and add something to keep it from rattling. Talk to someone at your local glass shop, I bet they will have advice for you.