Re: Philadelphia Carpenter's Union?

"Slowhand" > calculus and upper-level trig. on it which makes me wonder what someone

with an > > average HS education will score on it. > > I don't know about how philly does things, but the test that apprentices > have to take to get into the carpenters union in all 50 states is > standardized and does have trigonometry. Some of the math used could be > interpreted as calculus but it is very low level and would fall more under > the guidelines of advanced algebra. > > Now, if you enter the apprenticeship program (which is a four year program) > you will be taught all of these "equations" so when you take the entrance > test at the end of the 4 years, you will understand them. Or not. Good > luck and work hard. > > How do I know this? > I've been a union carpenter since 1989. > SH

Thanks for the reply, Slowhand. Can you tell me anything else like: how difficult is it to get in besides the written test(e.g. do you need to know someone)? Are you yourself specifically a carpenter(not a millwright, floorlayer etc.)? After 15 years, are you still happy with it?

Thanks

-Stef

Reply to
jup06