Re: OT: Sumptin' from 40 years ago.

The eastern world, it is exploding

> snip

Edwin Starr - War War! - huh- yeah- What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Uh-huh War! =96 huh =96 yeah- What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Say it again y=92all

War! =96 huh =96 good God What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Listen to me=85

Ohhh=85 War! I despise Because it means destruction=92 Of innocent lives

War means tears to thousands of mothers eyes When their sons go to fight and lose their lives

I said - War! Huh =96 Good God y=92all What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Say it again

War! Whoa, Lord What is it good for Absolutely nothing Listen to me=85

War! It ain=92t nothing but a heartbreaker War! Friend only to the undertaker War! It=92s an enemy to all mankind The thought of war blows my mind

War has caused unrest in the younger generation Induction then destruction- Who wants to die?

Ohhh=85 War =96 Good God Y=92all What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Say it, Say it, Say it

War! Uh-huh =96 Yeah - Huh! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Listen to me=85

War! It ain=92t nothing but a heartbreaker War! It=92s got one friend, that=92s the undertaker War has shattered many a young mans dreams Made him disabled bitter and mean Life is much to precious to spend fighting wars these days War can=92t give life, it can only take it away

War! Huh =96 Good God y=92all What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Say it again

War! Whoa, Lord What is it good for Absolutely nothing Listen to me=85

War! It ain=92t nothing but a heartbreaker War! Friend only to the undertaker Peace Love and Understanding; tell me, is there no place for them today? They say we must fight to keep our freedom But Lord knows there=92s got to be a better way

War! Huh =96 Good God y=92all What is it good for? You tell me Say it, Say it, Say it

War! Huh =96 Good God y=92all What is it good for? Stand up and shout it. Nothing!

Reply to
rjd

That song was on the radio about every 10 minutes while I was suffering through Basic Training in Ft. Lewis WA.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Same here only in Ft. Knox, KY. Jan-Feb, 1964

Reply to
oldhippiedave

LOL. I have no idea what was on the radio when I was at Parris Island. None whatsoever. Our Drill Instructors kept their room doors shut when they listened.

Reply to
Charlie Self

"Charlie Self" wrote in

Ditto ... the only radio we listened to was a Prick 25.

Reply to
Swingman

Memories: Lackland Air Force base, San Antonio, June. A Colorado boy never knew it could get so hot and humid. The only music I remember was cadence tunes.

Reply to
DanG

Spent a couple of weeks at the Goodyear test track, about 20 miles outside San Angelo, Tx the summer of 1966.

We would drive to the track before 06:00 before it got hot.

The tranchelas would still be crawling on highway.

Double tracking a V8 sedan at 80MPH not only broke the boredom, but squashed a few bugs in the process since you created a double wide track.

By 10:00 the rattlesnakes would be crawling out onto the side of the test track to sun them selves.

A sure sign it was time to head back to the motel and go swimming.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

BTDT. Got off the plane at sunrise. Didn't know what a sauna was!

I learned better when I ended up in IL in July and Aug. 102% humidity!!

I'm a contented transplanted CO geezer, now. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob