Re: OT: Sumptin' from 40 years ago.

Edwin Starr - War War! - huh- yeah- What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Uh-huh War! huh yeah- What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Say it again yall
War! huh good God What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Listen to me
Ohhh War! I despise Because it means destruction Of innocent lives
War means tears to thousands of mothers eyes When their sons go to fight and lose their lives
I said - War! Huh Good God yall What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Say it again
War! Whoa, Lord What is it good for Absolutely nothing Listen to me
War! It aint nothing but a heartbreaker War! Friend only to the undertaker War! Its an enemy to all mankind The thought of war blows my mind
War has caused unrest in the younger generation Induction then destruction- Who wants to die?
Ohhh War Good God Yall What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Say it, Say it, Say it
War! Uh-huh Yeah - Huh! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Listen to me
War! It aint nothing but a heartbreaker War! Its got one friend, thats the undertaker War has shattered many a young mans dreams Made him disabled bitter and mean Life is much to precious to spend fighting wars these days War cant give life, it can only take it away
War! Huh Good God yall What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Say it again
War! Whoa, Lord What is it good for Absolutely nothing Listen to me
War! It aint nothing but a heartbreaker War! Friend only to the undertaker Peace Love and Understanding; tell me, is there no place for them today? They say we must fight to keep our freedom But Lord knows theres got to be a better way
War! Huh Good God yall What is it good for? You tell me Say it, Say it, Say it
War! Huh Good God yall What is it good for? Stand up and shout it. Nothing!

That song was on the radio about every 10 minutes while I was suffering through Basic Training in Ft. Lewis WA.
Jerry
Jerry wrote:

Same here only in Ft. Knox, KY. Jan-Feb, 1964

LOL. I have no idea what was on the radio when I was at Parris Island. None whatsoever. Our Drill Instructors kept their room doors shut when they listened.

Ditto ... the only radio we listened to was a Prick 25.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
"DanG" wrote:

Spent a couple of weeks at the Goodyear test track, about 20 miles outside San Angelo, Tx the summer of 1966.
We would drive to the track before 06:00 before it got hot.
The tranchelas<s/p> would still be crawling on highway.
Double tracking a V8 sedan at 80MPH not only broke the boredom, but squashed a few bugs in the process since you created a double wide track.
By 10:00 the rattlesnakes would be crawling out onto the side of the test track to sun them selves.
A sure sign it was time to head back to the motel and go swimming.
Lew

BTDT. Got off the plane at sunrise. Didn't know what a sauna was!
I learned better when I ended up in IL in July and Aug. 102% humidity!!
I'm a contented transplanted CO geezer, now. ;)
nb