Re: OT - AIR COMPRESSORS AND NAILERS NEXT?

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:18116-414FEC24-364@storefull-

3151.bay.webtv.net:

Oops, responsible politician, that's an oxymoron.

Sounds like our buddy JOAT will be staying home on Election Day. ;-)

Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

Maybe they need an electoral college. The US one lets us little states have a say, instead of just NY and LA electing every president.

Reply to
Andy

better hold onto that idea, as abolishing the electoral college has come up a few times in the last few years.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Snip

I guess it is easy to believe what a person wants to believe. And to believe that because it is on the web that it must be true is even more amazing. Not sure where this website is talking about. In Australia, where I live:

Fact: The web site is wrong! Gun control is NOT the responsibility of John Howard. Nor is the banning of swords. It is a state issue.

Fact: A sword was used at a nightclub to kill a person. Why did the murderer need a sword at a nightclub?

Fact: Dangerous crime has DECREASED since gun controls were strengthened.

Fact: There have been several murders between members of organized crime. Guess who had easy access to guns?

Question: How many people were killed in US by snipers, gun rampages, and accidental misuse of firearms last year?

Reply to
Garry Collins

What do you mean by a "state issue"? Do you mean that it was done by state governments instead of the national government?

Fact, underwear was used in a bedroom to kill a person. Why did the murderer need underwear in a bedroom?

If you banned every deviced used to commit a murder then all that would be left would be a sandy desert.

Where and when and for how long and what were the trends before and after and how do you define "dangerous crime"?

And gun control helped this situation how? Seems to me that you're admitting that it failed to disarm criminals.

How many were killed in the US by criminal misuse of airliners in 2001? Where there's a will there's a way. Now, what has the trend been? And how many were committed per year before the Gun Control Act of 1968 compared to how many were committed after?

Reply to
J. Clarke