RE: O/T: Software

If you could read, you'd figure out that I have nothing against Linux, other than it's unusable for most. I *do* have a problem with Linux evangelists, however. They're as bad as the 'Doze evangelists of 20 years back, if not worse.

Absolutely irrelevant.

The *FACT* that he can't read and insists on evangelizing does show that he is indeed an IDIOT. You just joined that group.

Reply to
krw

You're a lefty, aren't you?

Reply to
krw

Support, apps. You know, the things that really matter. Only the ultra-religious care about what goes on underneath.

Sure I can. So what?

Evidently your whole life is spent on the Web. Whatever floats your boat but I have work to do, too.

Reply to
krw

Irrelevant.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Ah, but insults are relevant. Got it. You *must* be a lefty.

Reply to
krw

Pay attention!

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Actually my life is spent supporting extremely large systems whether they be Linux, solaris, hpux, aix, etc.. I support terabytes of data .. I don't care which O/S it is, as long as it is not MS. I don't appreciate the problems I encounter when I tried having large systems run on MS.

you are just a grumpy ass today.

So go to the bathroom and take a shit.. maybe you'll come back a nicer grump.

Reply to
woodchucker

Yep. A lefty.

Reply to
krw

"as long as it's not MS". That says it all. If you're in support, who are you to tell the users what they must use. That's as bad as "support" people telling engineers that they can't use Linux.

Well, people telling me that I said something I didn't does tend to rub me the wrong way. I said *nothing* about the usability of any OS until the religious crowd started their proselytizing. Then the only thing I said that Linux *ISN'T* supported well enough and "it's the apps".

Maybe, but Sunday isn't for two days. Expect the religious nuts to keep it up until at least then. They *CANNOT* do anything else but proselytize.

Reply to
krw

World snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz plus 7.129 billion idiots and/or morons.

Reply to
dadiOH

How about "blank"? Switched to that a few years ago after spending too much time on msn. It doesn't get much less distracting and take up fewer resources than a white screen.

Reply to
Joe

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

Reply to
Puckdropper

Don't know about Apples, but both Linux and Windows (at least XT) show a small network status icon at the bottom right of the screen - position may be different if you've set your system up differently.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

??? Right idea - wrong tool? , Networking tab. If that's not enough, View, Select Columns. More info than you can use, usually. If THAT's not enough, Wireshark.

-J

Joe

Reply to
Joe