RE: O/T: Phoenix Area

Looks like the crick has risen a little too much, too quick.
Looks like some nasty flooding from a desert rain storm.
Hope everybody in the area is OK.
Lew
On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:55:30 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

I was in Detroit on business last week. Getting from the airport out to the Western 'burbs wasn't much fun. The roads were flooded right up to the overpasses. Driving the 20mi. on surface streets took a while (wasn't happy about driving them at 11:00 at night, either).
On 8/19/2014 12:55 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

got up to 5 inches, including areas 30 miles to the north of the city limits signs. Several rescues from cars washed off the road, including some drivers who went around barricades and dared to cross. Got a Stupid Motorist law that'll have those guys paying for somebody saving their hides. Morning rush hour was a mess - thank goodness I'm retired!
Another storm moving in right now (almost 8 pm), lots of thunder out there, and rain coming down.
Matt
On 8/19/14, 8:55 PM, Matt wrote:

Here in the Southwest we call those "turd floaters" -BR
--- ---

And toad stranglers.
Dave in Houston

And, next door, California can't seem to buy a drop.
Dave in Houston
Lew Hodgett wrote:

the back yard. Two of them drowned.
--