Draecena watering - too much, too little?

We have an indoor Dracaena that was a beautiful plant when we first got it a few months ago. The leaves were spiky and straight. Now they're limp, and we can't figure out if it's from too much or too little watering, or maybe the sun exposure isn't right. It's situated in a very bright room, but no direct sun.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Reply to
Airkings

Slip it out of it's pot and examine the roots, blacb ,brown or mushy is not good and usually indicative of overwatering.

Reply to
bamboo

There is no such thing as an "indoor" Dracaena. The plant only tolerates being grown indoors.

You probably have a cultivar of the widely grown Dracaena fragrans.

Give the plant plenty of light, even if its indirect.

Be sure the pot has drainage holes. The plant should not be sitting in water for an extended length of time. If the soil has a foul odor, replace it all.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

Or try being a gardener and get your fingers dirty evaluating the soil moisture....as if a list serve can determine watering levels?

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.

-- Aldo Leopold

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

NZLANDSCAPES