RE: New adhesive for Formica or laminate countertop

Is there a new adhesive for Formica or Laminates? Has anyone used this and what are the pros and cons compared to the old contact glue?

Reply to
johndrew

Are you talking about propane powered Imperial adhesive or the Wilsonart PVA?

Reply to
Robatoy

I used some water-based Weldwood contact adhesive on some large tabletops. Worked fine, cost about 30 bucks a gallon. They say it's non-flammable, but I didn't try. Tom

Reply to
tom

I belive it to be the WIlsonart PVA. I am wanting a glue which allows for minor adjustments after the pieces make contact.

Reply to
johndrew

Ever so minor and ever so quickly. I use it to lay up those expensive phenolic-backed metals. Make sure you double-coat the perimeter.

Reply to
Robatoy