Re: Melamine banding advice needed!!

Gene, The white edge banding is fine and your iron will do. Remember that you heat the banding and move the iron but follow the heat with something cool, like a block of wood. That presses the banding and adhesive into the edge while it is cooling. A razor blade can do the trimming. I use it and then a block plane to cohamfer the edging.

Reply to
JLucas ILS

i forgot to add here is a primer on it: here is Beth doing it:

JLucas ILS

Reply to
klaatu

Whatever you do DON'T use the stuff Lee Valley (and I would guess others) sell. It is advertised as edging filler or some such. It comes in a small can and is about the consistency of spackling. Trouble is, when it dries it has a dull finish. Next to the somewhat glossy melamine it looks terrible. I can't see any use for it.

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel