Re: Joint troubles ?????

If you could respond to snipped-for-privacy@shaw.canks Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca wrote:

11,000 freaking lines? That's a 600k file.
Man, you need to learn how to crop and resize.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Well, slick, it looks like you're trying to match up 2 different sizes/profiles of molding at the 45'. Do I smell a troll?

Thanks for your kind words. But it is the same size profile! Thanks to all of the people that gave suggestions on how to do this joint.
Erik Ahrens wrote:

Yes, it is the same profile but it is stretched over a longer distance. The higher the angle, the longer distance. It's a math thing.
Thanks, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 14:41:06 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca wrote:

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 04:30:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca scribbled

Yes, most people in this group mind the attachment. You posted a binary file in a text only newsgroup. That's a no-no. Many ISPs simply cancelled your message (mine did) and most people probably did not see it. You also, inadvertently I'm sure, pissed off a bunch of people.
What you should do is post the picture to:
alt.binaries.pictures.furniture or alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
or both, and ask your question here with a mention of where you posted it.
Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address
Vince,
Since the moulding going up is cut at an angle, the end will always e to short. I would suggest mitering a flat piece of pine to fit and mark the shape on the edges that are exposed. You can then rout saw and/or sand or grind the profile.
Good luck, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 04:28:20 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca wrote:

Not only posted a binary here, but one that takes 11,697 lines. Not everyone has broadband.
No, just the best of us. :)
Not