Re: Do I sucketh?

Yes, you suck!
Enjoy your saw!
Rob

Pathetic. You should have offered $8. Have you never been to a yard sale before?

Justin Henry wrote:

ROTFL!!! Now that's lower than low! :)
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:45:03 -0400, "Stephanie and Tim"

heard it as a joke. Husband runs off w/ the other woman. Property settlement entails wife selling certain stuff and sending what she gets for it to husband. So, she sells his vintage record collection/classic car/other prized and valuable possession for rediculous cheap. Now its brand new tool. Have you now shacked up with the woman? Has she offered you a new cabinet saw if you first use it to cut up her ex?

Ha! No - she was old enough to be my mom. As I figure it, there wasn't a "settlement" happening. She was mostly just pissed.
I knew I had heard this before:
http://www.snopes.com/love/revenge/porsche.htm

Yup - you suck. Just remember something Tim . . .
Continue to buy tools this way . . . or one day Stephanie will be having a yard sale of her own. :-)
Jim
P.S. - I know some think of this as the old urban legend story based on a true account from a Paul Harvey episode - but I've also come across deals the same way.

You didn't ask what else might be for sale????
Well it happens.
Stephanie and Tim wrote:

Yes you do big time. All I ever see as rusted old C clamps. You brought a smile to my face and hope in my heart.
Bill in NJ

Nice...now tell me where you live so I can come and get my saw.....
Myx

You're probably the third or fourth person to say this. Why would I lie about it, and why would you care?

Stephanie and Tim wrote:

it shredded.
Stephanie and Tim wrote:

You sucketh so bad you give new meaning to the whole concept of suckething!!
(I guess this is one more reason to be good to SWMBO though.)
Stephanie and Tim writes:

Long, long years ago, my Mom got rid of a car on me. I'd managed to get hold of a '40 Ford convertible, IIRC, a V60, that didn't run. We had an old barn style garage with 3-4 bays. I stuck it in an open fronted bay, pulled the hood(s) in preparation for yanking the engine,and took my other car to Virginia for a few days. Came back to find she'd given the car to a so-called buddy of mine who sold it for parts.
This was in '57, and I was unhappy about that for almost 10 years.
Not all sad tales are apocryphal.
Charlie Self
"The future will be better tomorrow." Dan Quayle

goo for you. makes it easier to sleep at night.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
OH YES, YOU SURE DO!! And I am so jealous I could cry. Larry