Re: Difference between the Freud FT2000E/FT2000EP Routers

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Looking at Freud's web site ( http://www.freudtools.com/woodworkers/rep/power_tools/Plunge_Routers/html/Plunge_Routers_1.html ) it appears they market only two routers one is the FT2000E plunge router and the other is the FT1000EK laminate trimmer. My guess is that the FT2000EP designation is the way some retailers list the FT2000E to indicate it is a plunge router and that they are the same thing.
On 4 Feb 2005 18:50:41 -0800, "Too_Many_Tools"
No idea. But the Freud is sold by many retailers who get to specify the quality of the case and the number of extra accessories you get with it. This controls whether you get 3/8" or 1/4" collets, and if the 1/4" is a collet or just an adapter for the 1/2". The model number might just be this variation.
Buy a second collet nut from Freud (UK Freud is good at spares, and reasonably priced). The collets are a pain to move between nuts, so have a nut for each. Also ditch the 1/4" adapter and get a real collet, if you don't already have one.
Another accessory well worth having is their turned brass guide bush set. Beautifully made and quite cheap.
--
Smert' spamionam

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I've had my FT2000E for about ten years. The only accessory I've purchased specifically for this router was the Freud FT2020 Template Guide Set:
http://www.freud-tools.com/freudfttemgu1.html
Any additional router bases, the router table and various jigs I've built myself.