Re: Best Medium Format under $1000

Michael Hadac states:

Dunno what this is doing in a woodworking forum, but I just bought a Yashica Mat 124G 120/220 roll film camera from ebay. It's in great shape, with almost no wear, and I paid under $100 (barely) including shipping.
I used one of these back in the '70s, and got some fine photos. And it has a meter, though you do have to find a Wein 1.35 volt battery for it as there are no more mercury batteries (suggestion: do NOT buy the batteries off ebay, as they're about 1/4 the price of the Buy Now at reputable U.S. camera dealers).
Charlie Self
"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. " Ronald Reagan
Charlie Self wrote:

One of these?
http://yashicamat.webpark.pl/YashicaFoto/Yashica-Mat-124g.jpg
I hope you got spools with it, last few I had sold for about $10 a pop on eBay. But then those spools were still sealed in foil.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Mark sends a photo:

Got one spool, which is all it needs. After that, you get a spool with every roll. Anyone who pays 10 bucks a pop for spools would do better checking somewhere for outdated film. Buy all you need for 2-3 bucks a roll, strip one roll off, and use the spool.