Re: Anti-slam / door damper devices? [revisited...]

Well, yes, I know that this problem is a people-behavior problem, not door-behavior problem! But people, being what they are, have to be motivated to change in order to "repair" (as it were) their behavior. On the other hand, a behavior problem can be occasionally _managed_ effectively with the application of some form of technology (provided the people involved aren't so overly uncooperative as to actively sabotage it, that is, of course). Hence my motivation for resurrecting this thread.
Once again, I'm looking for any advice or information to assist me (as a mere consumer) in obtaining, either a "door check" device (as shown at www.dictator.com), or an OEM door product incorporating same. Thanks.
Ken

any large home-improvement store, or _good_ hardware store -- that carries replacement parts for 'screen doors' should have such devices.
Also, google for 'hydraulic door closer'.
My BIL had a hinge with a device to slowly close it without slamming.
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 02:16:43 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

As has been suggested, a closer for a screen door or storm door may do the trick. If you need something more substantial check with a metal door company. They have all kinds of funky door stuff for use on commercial buildings.
Mike O.