Re: Another tool ID needed XXII

R.H. did say:
184 - Alien anal probe? 187 - Some sort of line weight. 189 - Modern art. 191 - Bottle opener? 193 - Sheet metal cutting chisel
--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

Ok I have a lock on 184 its a pipe reamer for smoking pipes. As a matter of fact I need a new reamer wanna get rid of that one ? Puff

Ok I have a lock on 184 its a pipe reamer for smoking pipes. As a matter of fact I need a new reamer wanna get rid of that one ? Puff
Yes, it's a pipe reamer, I'm not selling this one but if you search for "Kleen Reem" on ebay you'll find a few just like it.
Rob
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:30:17 -0600, "Terry Coombs"

If that little concave edge is sharp, then it's a ripping chisel,
Put it in an air hammer and run it down some sheetmetal, such as a car exhaust pipe. The "horn" stops the chisel slipping off the edge of the steel.
--
Smert' spamionam

The concave part of this one isn't sharp, I put up another photo of it with a better view.

Tube end caulking hammer ?
(probably boiler firetubes)

My source has a different name for them, but it is for working on boiler firetubes so I guess your answer is close enough to call correct. According to a book that I have it's called a beading tool.

It was always referred to as "caulking" when I did it (probably the most horrible job I've ever done that didn't involve animal by-products), but you're right, strictly speaking it would be beading rather than caulking.
Does anyone still caulk boilers ? Can you even do it, if they're in steel plates rather than iron ?
--
Smert' spamionam

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 02:08:15 +0000, Andy Dingley

That's my take on it. The only thing that makes me wonder is the fact that the short leg is a little long to me.
Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook

Nope
Correct
Could be, but it does have a function