Re: 50 to 80k year old cypress

This has promise, wonder when we will see some of it on the market? > >

> >basilisk

Cool story, thanks.

Similar story here:

Ancient Kauri (30K - 50K yrs old). I've worked a few small boards of this stuff. Very tight grained, takes an amazing polishing to 600 grit or more.

Also, the Mondavi Center at UC Davis has a lot of it. Worth the stop if you're driving by.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

I'd love to have a slab of the ancient Kauri, beautiful stuff, it fetches a good price.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk