Random Orbit Sander..Porter Cable 333VS..Ridgid 2610..Bosch 3727DEVS

I need a new Random Orbit Sander. I was all but locked and loaded to go buy a Porter Cable 333VS, as I am a big PC fan. Went to HD today on another mission and looked at the Ridged 2610 ROS. The 6" dual Random orbit sander.

I like the large dust collection chute(I have an Oneida DC system), 6" versus 5" and the fact that it has a lifetime warranty if you buy before December.

I like the Bosch 3727DEVS for some of the same reason, I have a Bosch

1584 jigsaw, best in the world IMHO.

Can anyone give me their opinions on either of these sanders? I need a good ROS, price is not the first concern, I like 6" over 5" from a pure efficiency standpoint, and I need an easily adaptable DC port. I heard these Ridgid's are Ryobi, which is a concern. Are they in fact a Ryoby copy, or just made in the same factory as Ryobi?

Any opinions would be great. If I am missing another sander out there, let me know.

Reply to
hda

Been using the Bosch 3727 for a couple of years and, IMO, it's hard to beat. Have it hooked up to a cyclone lid/shopvac and the dust collection is good. Sandpaper is a bit pricey.

Reply to
Swingman

Bosch unless you really want to move up to the high cotton, then Fein.

Have beat the crap out of my Bosch for the last 5-6 years. I lust after a Fein.

HTH

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I looked a little more at this Ridgid, the 2610 is made in germany, all the other tools are made in China. Anyone know of a sander that looks like the

2610 that is made in germany? Do you think it could be patterned after the Bosch?
Reply to
A.I.

Actuall its a Metabo SXE 450 Duo, it looks identical.

how is Metabo?

Reply to
A.I.

Metabo makes some of the very finest power tools available. They make a few of the Ridgid portable tools, with the rest being middling Ryobi products.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4