Radial Arm Saw Table - Help, please

Page 2 of 2
Mac, are you saying two layers of hardboard over the plywood foundation? I could do that with some reword but at this point I think I'm content with what I have. The hardboard top layer is sacrificial but is in the same plane as the rest of the long workbench, so I'll just cut out the used-up section. I've made a note of your idea of double stick tape and/or screws.
Mike Brown

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 18:22:29 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I didn't read well enough to see that you already HAD a layer of hardboard that could be replaced..
Personally, I prefer to change the whole top, if possible.. I really try to avoid seams and joints in a surface if I can..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 21:36:08 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

One of the ideas I've had for a redesign of my old Sears RAS (while not quite as old as yours, it's a similar construction), is to replace the wing bolt/key (which clamps the fence parts to the main table from behind--those with Sears RASes will know what I mean) with horizontal toggle clamps. I even picked up a pair at Woodcraft a while back. I still think it'll be a nice adaptation (and convenient). You might want to give that a thought.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Great idea LRod, I've made a note about your toggle clamp idea.
My local tool store - Outlet Tool Supply in Atascadero, CA - is having its yearly blowout sale on Saturday and now I know I'll be walking out with some goodies. Well, that and a bandsaw resaw blade, and ....
Mike Brown