Quiet Shop Vac

Page 2 of 2
Have you listened to vacuums used in hotels? They are very quiet compared to any "Quiet Super Power" Shop Vac.
I think vacuums can be designed quiet, just at a higher cost.
Mark Jerde wrote:

Daniel H wrote:

No, I'm not familiar with hotel vacs specifically. However during one of my "financially challenging" times (c. 1984) I did have a 2nd job as an evening janitor. I helped clean a bank and a grocery store while most folks were piling up z's. ("See that toilet? I'll bet the bank VP took a dump there today.") At that time there seemed to be just three differences between our commercial Kirby vacs and the Kirby vacs my mother and mother-in-law had. 1. (Perhaps) More suction. 2. A much longer cord. 3. A higher quality bag, a bag that did not require an internal paper bag. We emptied these commercial Kirbys by removing the bag and shaking it in the dumpster.
It didn't seem to be any quieter...
-- Mark