Quick opinion please - DW50 thicknesser / planer coming up on ebay

This was apparently built in 1982, made in Italy. Looks like a 'portable' model with a removable stand. 25cm blade width. Aluminium in and outfeed tables.

Any info on these machines out there? It looks like a good used possibilty from a period when Dewalt are said to have quality machines.

Being totally ignorant of tools of this type, let alone this vintage I'm looking for advice, or at least for horror stories and 'keep aways'.

(And if it is any good I hope there aren't too many other german located ebay woodworkers watching this!).

nigel

OK, too late now -- shame, I decided to go for it but it went over my limit at the very last second. :-(

Reply to
nigel

I would stand well back from anything called a "Dickenhobelmaschine".

Reply to
jdownie

It sort of matches this particular 'Dickbauchmensch' who might have used it :-)

Reply to
nigel

... and furthermore the 'en' in the middle there would imply the presence of more than one in the first place .... so singluar people would presumably not have to worrow too much!

Reply to
nigel