Question about Bench Dog feather loc featherboard

I built Norm's router station a year ago. He has a slot for a down pressing featherboard but it is fairly high above the router table surface (6.25"). The pictures of the Bench Dog Feather Loc featherboard show some fairly long adjustment slots but I can't read anywhere how long they actually are. Here is a picture of one: http://www.benchdog.com/singlefeatherloc.htm
Can I ask one of you who owns one of these to tell me if there is enough up/down adjustment in the two slots to make it down near the base of my router table from the high slot I have?
TIA. Dick Snyder
You will probably be ok - but close. With the feathers flat on a tabletop the center of the upper slot is about 6.5 inches above the table. Lower slot about 1.25 inch above base.
Actually if you have some scrap hardwood and access to a bandsaw you can custom-make these at a fraction the cost of purchase. You will still need hardware, but it is available at most tool outlets.
RonB

You should be OK. The slots are 5 1/2" long. The bottom of the slot to the bottom of the feathers is 1 1/4" I have the Benchdog fence and the slot is 3" above the table. The thickest piece I could use the board with is 1.75", but you can go another 3 1/4" more.
Great. Thanks for the measurements.

Thanks for taking the time to give me the measurements.