Quality of Harbor Freight and Chicago Electric tools

Page 4 of 4
Have bought lots of stuff from HF and like it. Can't beat it for non-precesion tools like clamps, rulers, misc, etc. I needed a cheap router for some jobs that I only do a few times a month so picked one up for $49 and it has worked out great. Picked up a really nice drill press for $40 and it has been better than expected. If I were to use a router on a regular basis I would have got a good one and it would have cost me a couple of hundred bucks. So, as was said, you get what you pay for. Only you know "how much tool" you need. As far as waiting and spending all of your $$ to get a top quality tool is not always the wisest thing to do either. Use some common sense and you will be fine.

We use several HF / Central Machinery tools in our business and have found they are either go bad right away or they last a good while. We bought a Central Machinery demiliton rotary hammer last Wedsnday and have already put 8 hours on it. It has paid for itself twice already. $59.00 vs $349.00 for a name brand. We have several. nail and brad guns and have never had a problem with any of them. $19.99 for a 2" brad nailer !!!! I love it!!! I don't worry about theft near as much. You don't see any HF tools in a pawn shop.
AZCRAIG
www.azcraig.us Vintage Travel Trailer Restorations and Repairs

Sorry to hear about the sander... bummer, man..
I bought the 6" belt/9" disk unit years ago, with "free" stand... it's been a workhorse! I've probably used 15 belts and 2 or 3 disks and had few problems with it... mostly adjustment things, which I'm sure I'd have with any brand... It's not "quality", but it was cheap and I can't see doing "quality" work that requires a belt sander.. lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing