Propane heater question

Page 2 of 2

<snip>

CO is odorless. That's another reason you need a detector for it.
Patriarch
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:24:46 -0500, "Dave W"

Don't know about "salamander" heaters, but most do not stink. Kerosine used to stink, but now you can buy an "odorless" version. I haven't tried that out myself, but I'd imagine it's fine.

Here's the real imput- while the propane heater will be pretty efficient if you buy new and won't kill you if it's not vented, it will produce carbon dioxide and water vapor as by-products. Add that water vapor to repeated heating and semi-rapid cooling, and you've got an absolutely perfect situation for making your tools rusty very quickly.
So, either take precautions against that buy coating expensive tools with something like topcote regularly, or try and find a heater with a vent.