Problem with DeWalt 735 Planer - anyone have the same problem?

Page 2 of 2
Sorry about that last post, didn't read the entire post. Is the sprocket plastic? If it is I would think an industrial supply would have a metal one that might work. If it is some cheap metal an industrial supply might have a higher quality one that would be cheaper in the long run.
Again sorry about the last post.
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"KYHighlander" < snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net> wrote in message
Gheeez,
How much money and how many DeWalt tools will you need to break to finally understand DeWalt makes crappy tools for the consumer market. The few that are good are too hard to find in their wide selection of product. Everything from DeWalt is hype... their ads, their stupid contests, their corporate yellow color, the shape and design of their tools. They put too much money into their ads and not enough in their tools. When you buy a DeWalt tool, 1/2 of the price you pay is for the advertisement campaign.
I got screwed myself after I bought 5 of their tools. They all failed under very little use. The only one still working today is my 1/4 sheet sander. I got rid of them all... I replaced them with brands like Milwaukee, Bosch, Metabo, Hitachi, Porter-Cable and I'm worry free since then.
If I were you, I would try to get my money back and I would buy something else.
Wally

Those sentiments tend to echo through the hillsides around here.
Jon~
REALLY glad to see this discussion - I'd just about made the choice to get a DW735. I was starting to do some searches for a better price ($479 at Lowes, Woodcraft). I went into Woodcraft last Tuesday, and saw one - then started looking - it looks like you have to buy the infeed/outfeed tables separate at $49 ea (?), and a stand at $50 - $75. With that, I'd be up to $650 +/-.....Doesn't Grizzley and Yorkcraft have a 15" that starts about $695?
Maybe I'm way off, but I'm having second thoughts...for $45 more, I can have a 15" with a larger motor. Not too much of a choice.
Nick B

broken.
due
where
happened
planer
the
sure

Woodcraft has their 10% off sale next week, so keep that in mind. As for the outfeed tables, the price is for a pair (or so I was told) but aren't all that necessary with the 735 anyways: the built-in platform seems to do the trick for me, if I'm careful. Nonetheless, I may get a set as someone said I will get "zero" snipe with good feed tables, instead of the 0.004" that I get now. I bought mine from a local tool shop, and they gave me the $100 stand for free (result of a promo they worked out with Dewalt).
I'm happy with mine so far . . .
Cheers,
Scott
For the pair, yes. i ordered mine from Amazon along with the Dewalt Mobile stand. I was dissapointed that the outfeed table would not fold up tho, big design booboo in my opinion!.
-- SwampBug - - - - - - - - - - - -

get a

then
tables
have
it's NOT a design "booboo" if you consider that foldable tables are harder to make reliably coplaner with the main table and rigid (witness the folding tables and touchy adjustment of the 733 tables). I'd trade the space for more rigid, fiddle free tables. would you want a fold away Unisaw?
dave
SwampBug wrote:

It is most certainly a design booboo when you label the tables fold up and the main planer body design does not let the table fold up, what would you call it. Suppose your automobiles manufacture had extended the cab back over the trunk lid, motorized the trunk lid and promoted the 'ease of open' trunk lid which can't open cause the cab is in the way. Same with the 735, have you ever seen a 735 with the fold up tables installed?
-- SwampBug - - - - - - - - - - - -

about
I didn't know they were labeled "fold up". I thought you were telling us they are rigid.
I incorrectly inferred from you complaint that they are "fixed" tables. I'm with you now! :)
dave
SwampBug wrote:

Looks like you and I can't sync up today! <s>
-- SwampBug - - - - - - - - - - - -

at
up
can
Nah, I think we've got it together now! (meaning I've gotten my head out...) <g>
dave
dave